Friday, January 8, 2010

Glad to be new at KDU -- Dr Nelson

Hi, I'm Dr Todd Nelson, the guy in the picture with my beautiful wife and daughters. (My wife is with me in KL, but my daughters are in university in the US.) I'm just finishing my first week at KDU as a trainer in the Teaching & Learning Centre. Still getting oriented, learning the work environment, staff, students, and all the acronyms! Met my first batch of new students today in an orientation session that I led called "Loving Learning for Life". It was great to meet new students from three Southcentral Asian countries (Kazakstan, Uzbekistan, and Turkmenistan), plus one student each from Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Palestine, and Zambia. And then, of course, all the Malaysian students! The whole lot are a great group of young people, seemingly eager to learn. I'm looking forward to my new role here in KDU's TLC. I'll be in the main campus TLC for January, then based at the Section 13 campus after that. Please feel free to come see me at either place.

No comments: